ALL INDIA RAILWAY ACCOUNTS STAFF ASSOCIATION
(AIRASA) ( REG.NO 17/9621)
The continuing discriminatory treatment of Railway Accounts department in the implementation of VI PC has compelled us to come to streets once again to fight for justice. It is history that how we, the Accounts Staff came together, fought against the mighty Finance Ministry and DOPT and achieved improved Pay Scales on par with the Central Secretariat for Railway Accounts, which made those who mocked at us to look in disbelief. It is only through sustained struggle by all the Accounts Staff that we were able to achieve it.
Now again, the Finance Ministry has granted Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- to the Assistants and Stenographers of Central Secretariat w.e.f 01-01-2006 outside the Pay Commission disturbing the parity in Pay Grades between the Central Secretariat cadres and the Organised Accounts and Audit Cadres and totally disregarding the recommendation of 6 CPC to grant absolute parity between similarly placed personal employed in field offices and in the Secretariat.
Apart from this, ignoring the recommendations of VI CPC vide Chapter 3, Government has denied the legitimate Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- to Junior Accounts Assistants.
By placing the Accounts Clerks in Grade pay of Rs.1900/-, they have almost been equated with Group D Staff now rechristened as Group C with a Grade Pay of Rs.1800/-. The above ignominy has to be fought tooth &nail.
Though the Group D Staff have been placed in Group C by allotting Grade Pay Rs.1800/-, the Railway Administration is yet to notify that their further promotion as Accounts Clerk will be on seniority basis.
The implementation of MACP has added insult to the injury. This scheme does not fit in to the Accounts department where promotions are based on passing stringent qualifying Examinations and not on Seniority basis. The scheme has lost its purpose and has served as a tool to the Authorities to divide the staff by enabling the Juniors to get placed in higher Grades leaving the Seniors to languish. In this regard, AIRASA is demanding Stepping up of Pay for the Seniors and Grant of ACP as per departmental hierarchy.
On 9th August 2010, Principal bench, CAT, New Delhi has ordered grant of stepping of Pay to the Seniors on par with Juniors in the implementation of MACP on the application filed by the Postal Accounts Employees.
The PATNA HIGH COURT has delivered a landmark judgement on 08-04-2010 ordering the Railway Administration to pay the Arrears of Pay for the period between 1-1-96 to 18-02-2003 in the implementation of improved pay scales from 19-02-2003 terming the action of the Government in granting notional fixation from 1-1-96 as highly discriminatory and violation of Article 14 of the Constitution.. Now the Administration has filed a Review petition after the Staffside filed the Contempt petition.
After a lapse of four years and several rounds of negotiation, the Government of India has decided to reject the Arbitration Award dated 24-08-2004 granting pay parity with Central Secretariat from 1-1-1986 on notional basis and actual benefits from Nov 2001. A resolution in this regard has been listed by the Parliamentary business Advisory Committee. As usual the two Federations have closed their eyes without any response.
The CWC of AIRASA which met at GUWAHATI on 05-07-2010 has decided to resort to ONE DAY ZONAL LEVEL MASS DHARNA ON 15TH SEPTEMBER ‘2010 in front of all Zonal Headquarters/GM’s Offices.
Charter of demands :-
1. Promote all Staff in Grade Pay 1800 (erstwhile Gr.D) as Accounts Clerks on Seniority basis.
2. Grant the following pay sales to different cadres-
Accounts Clerk /Jr. Typist PB-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
Jr. Accts Asst./Steno Gr.II/ FPE/Sr.Typist PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4200
Accts.Asst./Steno Gr.I/ASV/Sr. FPE/Hd.Typist PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4600
Sr.ASV/ OS-Typing PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
SO(A)/TIA/ISA/CFPE/CA/ PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.5400
on completion of 4 years.
3. Grant MACP on departmental hierarchy basis on completion of 10 years irrespective of the number of promotions already earned OR Step up pay of Senior Promotees who exhausted ACP in the event of junior drawing more pay and getting ACP in compliance with apex court judgment.
4. Implement the PATNA HIGH COURT Order allowing Arrears of Pay from 1-1-96 to 18-02-2003 duly withdrawing the Review Petition.
5. Create additional posts of TIAs and afford promotion to all App.IIIA empanelled candidates.
6. Grant one increment and Grade pay of Rs.4800 from the day of passing App.III(IREM) Examination.
7. Grant 3 increments on passing departmental confirmatory exams(App.II & IV IREM Exams)
8. Withdraw the Resolution listed in the Parliament to reject the Arbitration Award and implement the same by granting higher pay scale notionally w.e.f.1-1-1986 and effectively w.e.f 1-1-2006.
9. Promote all App. IIA qualified Accounts Clerks as JAAs against Direct Recruitment quota.
10. Promote all Accounts Clerks who have put in 10 years of Service as JAAs.
11. Grant Group B Status to SO(A)s/TIAs/ISAs on par with other Audit and Accounts of Central Government.
12. Ministry of Railways should treat Railways Accounts as a separate entity and grant recognition to the representative body of Accounts Employees of Railways i.e. All India Railway Accounts Staff Association without any delay.
Comrades, it is time for us to come together without any cadre discrimination in order to restore the lost pride, prestige and dignity of the Railway Accounts Employees and put up a united fight till all the above demands are achieved.
MASS DHARNA BEFORE GM’S OFFICE ON 15-09-2010
ATTEND ENMASSE ! AGITATE ! ACHIEVE !