Dated 12th July’ 2010
Accepting the offer to host the CWC Meeting, the Office Bearers of AIRASA, NF Railway under the able leadership of S/Shri. Dilip Tamuli, Prashant Mahanto, Paritosh Sen and Nirmal Mondal had made excellent arrangements for the smooth conduct of the CWC Meeting ON 05-07-2010 at GUWAHATI.
Sri. Dilip Tamuli, Secretary, AIRASA N F Zone, welcomed the delegates. Sri. R.K. Saraswat, President, AIRASA presided over the Meeting and outlined the agenda of the Meeting. Sri. N. Srinivasan, General Secretary outlined the activities of Central office since last CWC Meeting held at Solapur on 15-02-2009. He dwelt upon the visit of the President, Working President and General Secretary to New Delhi in the month of April 2010. He said that Railway Board has finally agreed to extend the Grade Pay of Rs.4800/- to Sr. AAs vide Railway Board’s letter dated 17-05-2010 and this will enable the II ACP beneficiaries (direct Recruit JAAs) under the old Scheme to get their pay also fixed in Rs.4800/- and to get elevation to Rs. 5400/- on completion of 30 years. But the non extension of the GP Rs.4800/- to Sr.ASVs was deplored. As usual the Federations claimed the credit without even writing a single letter on the issue.
Despite regular reminders to Board, personal meeting with Board Officials and FC there is not much progress in any of the rest of our demands including improved Grade pays demanded by the Association. On the issue of Large number of CG II appointed Sr.SO(A)s/Sr.TIAs/Sr.ISAs and AAs who have not been granted Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- ans Rs.4800/- respectively whereas their juniors appointed as JAAs have been granted the benefit under MACP, the General Secretary stated that the matter has been taken up with the Anomaly Committee on MACP and one round of discussions have been held with the Official side and the same will be discussed again in the next Meeting and all the authorities are being reminded regularly in the matter.
The General Secretary reported to the meeting that the Government has passed a Motion in both the Houses of the Parliament rejecting all the pending Arbitration Awards including the one granting Rs.1640-2900 from 1-1-86 to all the Accounts Assistants of Railways just by informing staff side the previous night. As usual both the Federations have not shown any response to this draconic action of the Government. Hence there is a necessity for intensifying the agitations to press our demands.
Mr. Reji George, Secretary, Finance detailed the present financial position of the Association and said that with the meager balance available it will be difficult to carry on the activities of the Association and urged the members present to take the matter serious and arrange for immediate remittance of the central portion of the membership collection. The absence of office bearers from NE, EC,NC, SW,SC and Northern Railways was deplored and it was decided to nominate two central committee members to go to Gorakhpur, Patna, Allahabad, Varanasi, Hubli, Secunderabad, Jaipur, Jabalpur and Newdelhi for strengthening the Organisation.
In the discussion that followed all the Central Office Bearers and other CWC Members present participated and argued for the strengthening of the Organisation in all the Railways and particularly in places where there has been no activities at all. Most of them wanted a calendar of agitations to press our pending demands.
The Meeting also discussed the outcome of the HIGH COURT ,PATNA’S JUDGEMENT ordering payment of Arrears of Pay from 1-1-96 to 18-02-2003 and members present expressed desire that AIRASA should implead in the Case if the Administration decides to appeal in the Supreme Court.
Many members reiterated the following issues also apart from improved Grade Pays for all Cadres.
• Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- to all AAs on par with Assistants of Central Secretariat who have been granted the same vide MOF order dated 16-11-2009.
• Large number of Accounts Clerks and JAAs are stagnated in the Cadre for more than 10 to 20 years without promotion and Board should consider AIRASA’s proposal of modification of cadre ratio of JAA s from 80 : 20 to 20:80 i.e to enhance the promotion quota to 80% .
• Extension of ACP benefit to Stock Verifiers also duly taking the tenure as AA and SV put together for II ACP.
• Promotion of all Group D Staff now classified as Group C as Accounts Clerks on seniority basis by doing away with the selection.
• Change of designations of all accounts Cadres on par with the other organized Accounting organizations of Central Govt.
• Introduction of uniform 5 day week to all Accounts Cadres including Workshop Accounts staff, Construction Accounts Staff, Stock Verifiers, ISAs and TIAs etc.,
Following this, the CWC passed the following resolutions unanimously.
1. To observe DEMANDS DAY on 11h August 2010 in pursuance of the Charter of Demands already placed before Railway Board by holding Unit level LUNCH HOUR DEMONSTRATIONS and wearing Demands Badges.
2. To stage a DAY LONG DHARNA before GM’s Offices on 15th September 2010 in all Zonal Head Quarters and Production Units. (The decision for holding an All India Dharna at New Delhi was postponed for want of adequate funds)
3. To reiterate to Railway Board to calculate 5% of the merged Cadre of Section Officers for the posts of Sr.AA and distribute the same among various divisions/Units based on the Unit wise strength of Section Officers so that the senior most AAs of each and every division will get the benefit of promotion as Sr.AA.
4. To hold the next Biennial General Meeting of AIRASA on 18th &19th November 2010 at NAGPUR. All Units/branches should send a contribution of Rs.2000/- for the BGM to the Secretary, Finance by way of DD or remit the money in AIRASA SB Account No. 11037325652 in any branch of STATE BANK OF INDIA. This is apart from the regular Membership contribution to Central body
5. To implead in the Case of HIGH COURT ,PATNA’S JUDGEMENT ordering payment of Arrears of Pay from 1-1-96 to 18-02-2003 if the Administration decides to appeal in the Supreme Court. A team of CWC members under the leadership of Shri. R.K. Saraswat, President and Partha Bhattacharjee, Working President will look after this work.
6. To collect Rs.500/- from SO(A)s and Rs.300/- from AAs and JAAs to meet the Legal Expenses as STRUGGLE FUND.
It was also resolved to pursue the resolutions already passed in the last CWC Meetings held at Mysore and Solapur and the Charter of Demands already forwarded to Board after observing the Demands Day on 21-01-2010.
In the evening an Open Session was held in which Shri. P. MOHANTY, FA&CAO/NF Rly was the Chief Guest., Shri. Paritosh Sen, President, AIRASA, NF Zone presided over the Meeting. Shri. R.K. Saraswat President, Shri. Partha Bhattacharjee, WP, Shri. Reji George, Secy, Finance and Shri. Ashok Dwivedi, AGS spoke on the occasion. Sri. N. Srinivasan spoke on the anomalies of VI CPC and AIRASA’s efforts. Shri. P. MOHANTY, FA&CAO in his address said that the high standards of Accounts Cadre is incomparable and lauded the efforts of AIRASA in highlighting the grievances of Railway Accounts staff. Sri. Kanak Burman proposed vote of thanks.
The CWC Meeting at GUWAHATI will be remembered not only for the hectic discussions and exchange of ideas but also for the exemplary hospitality shown by the volunteers of AIRASA,.NF Railway including S/Shri. Subol Sinha, Aswani Sharma, Pabitra Baruah, Kamal Anwar, Anil Baishya, Juhin Nag, Badal Pal, Sasadhar Das, Keshab Baruah,Arup Das, Vijay Singh, Omprakash Yadav, Nirmal Sharma, Bhupen Deika, Ranjit Sarkhel, Ashok Das, Bhaben Baishya, Mahendra Choudhry, Hitesh Deika, Smt. Narmada Das and Smt Swasati Dey braving the monsoon rains.
The following Office bearers shall visit the places mentioned against their Names before 30-09-2010 and conduct Mobilization Meetings and form adhoc divisional/Zonal committees of AIRASA. All the incumbent office bearers in the respective divisions/units are requested to coordinate and facilitate the visiting Office bearers in organizing the Meetings. A compliance Report shall be submitted to the General Secretary by 10th October 2010.
Names of Office Bearers Places to visit
R.K. Saraswat, R. K . Mishra & Baroda House, Traffic Accounts &
Nanoma, President, W. Zone New Delhi Division of Northern Railway
Partha Bhattacharjee & Shailendra Kumar All Accts Offices in ALD, N C Rly, & Dhanbad
Reji George & C.M. Chengappa Tfc Accts, SBC & BNC of SW Rly
C. Sarathbabu & Md. Dawood All Accounts offices in Secunderabad
D. Govindarajulu & Md. Dawood Guntakal, Nanded, Guntur & Vizag divisions
Ashok Dwivedi DLW and Varanasi Division of N E Railway.
P. Mahanto & N.K. Mondal Gorakhpur, N E Rly & Jamalpur
Rakesh Guptha RCF, Kapurthala, & DMW, Patiala
R. Ramani, Mehboob Jakati & T.S. Mohan All Accounts offices in Hubli, SW Rly
K. Chaturvedi, Tapan Baisya & P.S. Anand Patna, Hajipur, Sonpur & Samastipur
Sheik Taher Ali & Ashish Das Sealdah, Asansol, Malda & Jamalpur
C.P. Singh, B.M. Balai & Rakesh Sharma All Accts Offices in Jaipur, Jodhpur & Bikaner
Deepak Dudane, S. Mitra & Ekta Gupta All Accts offices in Jabalpur, Bhopal & Kota
P. Suryanarayana & Umakant Raut All Accts Offices in Bhubaneshwar, Khurda Road
S. Bhringraj Nagpur, SECR & Raipur
S. Veeramani ICF & RWF/YNK
THE FINANCIAL COMMISSIONER, RAILWAYS
NEW DELHI – 110 001
Subject:- Request for settlement of long pending demands of Railway
The 6th Central Pay Commission did not do justice to Railway Accounts Employees and while implementing the recommendations of 6th Central Pay Commission, Government of India also did not also take any favorable action to remove the injustice done by the pay Commission. The Railway Accounts employees have been consistently requesting the Railway Board to resolve the grievances of the Accounts Employees regarding their pay scale related issues. But the Government of India has created further disparity between the Accounts &Audit cadres and the Cadres in Central Secretariat by upgrading the pay scales of Central Secretariat cadres.
Also, there are various other issues –listed below- that are pending for long with resolution. The employees of Railway Accounts are agitated over the non upgradation of pay scales of Accounts Cadres at par with CSS and also over the inaction on other long pending grievances and observed 11th August’ 2010 as DEMANDS DAY AND HELD LUNCH HOUR DEMONSTRATION BEFORE GM/DRM’S OFFICE.
It is requested that, appropriate action for settlement of all the demands may kindly be taken at an early date.
Encl: charter of demands
1. Implement arbitration award by granting higher pay scale notionally w.e.f.
1- 1-1986 and effectively w.e.f 1-1-2006.
2. Grant the following pay sales to different cadres-
Accounts Clerk/Jr. Typist PB-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2800
Jr. Accts Asst./Steno Gr.II/ FPE/Sr.Typist PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4200
Accts.Asst./Steno Gr.I/ASV/Sr. FPE/Hd.Typ PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4600
SO(A)/TIA/ISA/CFPE/Sr.ASV /CA PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
Sr. SO(A)/Sr.TIA/Sr.ISA /CA PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.5400
3. Grant MACP on departmental hierarchy basis on completion of 10 years irrespective of the number of promotions already earned OR Step up pay of Senior Promotees who exhausted ACP in the event of junior drawing more pay and getting ACP in compliance with apex court judgment.
4. Grant one increment and Grade pay of Rs.4800 from the day of passing App.III(IREM) Examination.
5. Grant three increments on passing departmental confirmatory examination.(App.II & IV IREM Exams)
6. Grant Group B Status to SO(A)s/TIAs/ISAs on par with other Audit and Accounts of Central Government.
7. Promote all App. IIA qualified Accounts Clerks as JAAs against DR quota.
8. Promote all Accounts Clerks who have put in 10 years of Service as JAAs.
9. Promote all Staff in Grade Pay 1800 (erstwhile Gr.D) as Accounts Clerks on Seniority basis.
10. Ministry of Railways should treat Railways Accounts as a separate entity and grant
recognition to the representative body of Accounts Employees of Railways i.e. All India
Railway Accounts Staff Association without any delay.