ALL INDIA RAILWAY ACCOUNTS STAFF ASSOCIATION
(AIRASA) ( REG.NO 17/9621)
All of you might be aware that how under the Fourth and Fifth Pay Commissions Railway Accounts Employees were treated badly and only through sustained struggle by all the Accounts Staff that we were able to achieve parity with Central Secretariat from 19-02-2003 for Accounts Assistants and next higher Grade for other Cadres. Now the Sixth CPC is no different and the discriminations still persist.
The Apex JAC of ACCOUNTS & AUDIT EMPLOYEES & OFFICERS ORGANISATIONS utilized the opportunity of presenting Oral evidence before the Sixth CPC and the delegation led by Com. S.K. Vyas was successful in forcefully presenting the justification for parity in Pay scales with Central Secretariat. All the Members of Pay commission were fully convinced of the fact that when ever the previous Pay Commissions extended parity , the same had been disturbed by the Government by granting higher scales outside the Pay Commission. Contrary to this personal acknowledgement, in its Report the Sixth CPC claimed that the Government never conceded Parity and gave only identical pay scales under different circumstances. The Report was accepted and implemented by the Government.
Now in the same old fashion, the Finance Ministry has granted Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- to the Assistants and Stenographers of Central Secretariat w.e.f 01-01-2006 outside the Pay Commission disturbing the parity in Pay Grades between the Central Secretariat cadres and the Organised Accounts and Audit Cadres and totally disregarding the recommendation of 6 CPC to grant absolute parity between similarly placed personal employed in field offices and in the Secretariat.
Apart from this, ignoring the recommendations of VI CPC vide Chapter 3, Government has denied the legitimate Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- to Junior Accounts Assistants.
By placing the Accounts Clerks in Grade pay of Rs.1900/-, they have almost been equated with Group D Staff now rechristened as Group C with a Grade Pay of Rs.1800/-. The above ignominy has to be fought tooth &nail.
The implementation of MACP has added insult to the injury. The scheme has lost its purpose and has served as a tool to the Authorities to divide the staff by enabling the Juniors to get placed in higher Grades leaving the Seniors to languish. In this regard, the JAC & AIRASA are demanding Stepping up of Pay for the Seniors and Grant of ACP as per departmental hierarchy.
Though the Group D Staff have been placed in Group C by allotting Grade Pay Rs.1800/-, the Railway Administration is yet to notify that their further promotion as Accounts Clerk will be on seniority basis.
The CWC met at SOLAPUR on 15-02-2010 and after thorough deliberations it has been unanimously decided to resort to ONE DAY MASS DHARNA ON 08TH APRIL 2010 in front of GM / DRM Offices.
It has been decided to give thrust to the activities of AIRASA and prepare for a sustained and united struggle by all the employees of Railway Accounts department in order to restore the lost pride, prestige and dignity of the Audit and Accounts Employees by getting the higher Grade Pay for all Grades as per the Charter of demands already placed before Railway Board.
Charter of demands :-
1. Promote all Staff in Grade Pay 1800 (erstwhile Gr.D) as Accounts Clerks on Seniority basis.
2. Grant the following pay sales to different cadres-
Accounts Clerk /Jr. Typist PB-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
Jr. Accts Asst./Steno Gr.II/ FPE/Sr.Typist PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4200
Accts.Asst./Steno Gr.I/ASV/Sr. FPE/Hd.Typist PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4600
SO(A)/TIA/ISA/CFPE/Sr.ASV /CA PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.5400
On completion of 4 years.
3. Grant MACP on departmental hierarchy basis on completion of 10 years irrespective of the number of promotions already earned OR Step up pay of Senior Promotees who exhausted ACP in the event of junior drawing more pay and getting ACP in compliance with apex court judgment.
4. Grant one increment and Grade pay of Rs.4800 from the day of passing App.III(IREM) Examination.
5. Grant three increments on passing departmental confirmatory examination.(App.II & IV IREM Exams)
6. Implement Arbitration Award by granting higher pay scale notionally w.e.f.1-1-1986 and effectively w.e.f 1-1-2006.
7. Promote all App. IIA qualified Accounts Clerks as JAAs against Direct Recruitment quota.
8. Promote all Accounts Clerks who have put in 10 years of Service as JAAs.
9. Grant Group B Status to SO(A)s/TIAs/ISAs on par with other Audit and Accounts of Central Government.
10. Ministry of Railways should treat Railways Accounts as a separate entity and grant recognition to the representative body of Accounts Employees of Railways i.e. All India Railway Accounts Staff Association without any delay.
Comrades, it is time for us to come together without any cadre discrimination and put up a united fight till all the above demands are achieved.
MASS DHARNA BEFORE DRM OFFICES AND BEFORE GMs OFFICE ON 08-04-2010
ATTEND ENMASSE ! AGITATE ! ACHIEVE !