Dated 2nd April 2009
As scheduled the CWC Meeting of AIRASA was held at Mysore on 20th March’2009. The meeting was well attended by the Central office bearers and other CWC Members. All the volunteers of AIRASA, Mysore had made excellent arrangements for the smooth conduct of the Meeting and for the boarding and lodging for the CWC Members.
Sri. C.M. Chengappa, Vice- President welcomed the delegates. Sri. R.K. Saraswat, President, AIRASA presided over the Meeting. Sri. N. Srinivasan, General Secretary outlined the activities of Central office since last BGM held at Kolkatha. He dwelt upon Meeting with the new FC and other Board Officials on 15th and 16th December 2008. He said that despite regular reminders to board on all the resolutions passed in the Kolkatha BGM, there is no progress on improved Grade pays demanded by the Association, Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.4800/- to ACP beneficiaries and Sr.AAs etc. He said that Railway Board has decided to increase the Special Allowance to the Stock Verifiers and Sr. Stock Verifiers from Rs.240/- to Rs.1000/- and orders are likely to be issued shortly. He said that AIRASA will continue to fight for restoration of 3 Additional Increments. In his presidential address, Shri. R.K. Saraswat the need for Mobilisation of the Cadre and popularizing the demands. He also said that Arbitration Award is yet to be decided and that JAC has once again demanded negotiation on the same with the Government. He also outlined the activities of JAC of Audit and Accounts Employees Organisations and the common demands arrived at in its earliet Meetings which was attended by him as the President of AIRASA.
In the discussion that followed all the Central Office Bearers and other CWC Members present participated and the highlights of the same are detailed below.
· Large number of other departmental personnel being inducted into the Accounts department in JAA grade in NF Railway affecting the promotional prospects of existing Accounts Clerks.
· AIRASA should fight for general anomalies also like non-grant of increment on 01-01-2006 to all the Employees who drew their increment from 01-02-2005 to 30-06-2005, higher fixation formula on par with PB 3 & 4 instead of 1.86.
· The introduction of 5% unqualified Quota of Sr.AAs has not benefited many Production units since the 5% of SO(A)s works out to less than 0.05. Hence Board should issue orders rounding off of the fractions to 1, which may fetch promotion to atleast one employee.
· Large number of Accounts Clerks and JAAs are stagnated in the Cadre for more than 10 to 20 years without promotion and Board should consider AIRASA’s proposal of modification of cadre ratior from 20:16:64 to 10:15:75
· Extension of ACP benefit to Stock Verifiers also duly taking the tenure as AA and SV put together for II ACP.
· Non release of orders for Qualification Pay under VI CPC and taking the same into account for fixation of pay on promotions ordered after 1-1-2006.
· Introduction of common 5 day week for the entire Accounts Cadre.
Sri. Reji George, Secretary, Finance explained the Financial position of the Association and stressed for the need for improving the Finances. He said that mere fixing of responsibilities to the Central Office bearers has not worked and only a few Railways and Units are regular in collection and remittance of the Central Office quota. Since many Zonal Railways are not contributing despite several circulars, he proposed fixing individual quota and the same was rejected by the members present. The General Secretary expressed anguish over the issue and said that if the situation continues like this, soon AIRASA may cease to function. He also rquested the Units who remitted in the core banking branch of their place to send the details by post to the Secretary, Finance in order to know and record wherefrom the amount has been received.
Following this, the CWC passed the following resolutions unanimously.
1. To approach Railway Board to issue necessary orders to ensure creation of atleast one Sr.AA post in Production units/ Railways wherever 5% of SO(A) posts works out to less than 0.5.
2. To represent to all concerned to grant increment on 01-01-2006 to all the Employees who drew their increment from 01-02-2005 to 30-06-2005 and to allow rounding off to next ten rupees in fixation of Pay in VI CPC scales as ordered originally.
3. To appeal to Railway board to introduce uniform 5 day week to all Accounts Cadres including Workshop Accounts staff, Stock Verifiers, ISAs and TIAs.
4. To seek application of ACP orders to Stock Verifiers also duly taking in to account their earlier tenure of service in AA cadre.
5. To request Railway Board to conduct Appendix IIIA Exam regularly in April and November (part I and Part II) every year and to take necessary steps to avoid inordinate delays in announcing the results and to conduct part II supplementary Exams two months after the publication of Part II results so that the candidates need not wait for more than one year ot appear for the next examination.
6. To reiterate to Railway Board to expedite creation of additional posts of TIAs/ISAs based on the proposals received from various Railways nearly two years back since TIA/ISA cadres have not been covered in the Cadre-Restructuring and nearly 100 candidates who have qualified in 1993 and after are still waiting for promotion.
It was also resolved to pursue the resolutions already passed in the last BGM held at Kolkatha and advised to Railway board.
In the evening an Open Session was held for the benefit of Accounts Staff of Sr.DFM/O /MYS and SAO/O/W&S/MYS in which Shri. S. Vijayaraghavan, DRM/MYS was the Chief Guest. The other Guests of the Session included Sri. Manjunatha Rao, Sr.DFM, Sri. C.S. Parthasarathy, DFM/MYS, Sri. Rajashekar, SAO/W&S/MYSS,Sri. Rajasekarappa, SAO/CN/BNC and ADFMs. Sri. H.G. Ramesh welcomed the gathering. Sri. R.K. Saraswat Presided over the Meeting. Sri. N. Srinivasan spoke on the anomalies of VI CPC and AIRASA’s efforts. Shri. S.Vijayaraghavan, DRM/MYS stressed the need for improving the efficiency of Accounts staff in tune with the changing scenario in Indian Railways. Sri. T.S. Mohan, Central organizing Secretary proposed vote of thanks.
The CWC Meeting at Mysore will be memorable one for the participants not only for the historic and scenic beauty of Mysore but also for the exemplary hospitality shown by the volunteers of AIRASA, MYS, SW. Railway.